Today we went down to Miami Children's Hospital to see Dr. Grossman. We got a great update and he was really happy with Camryn's progress. Some new updates are, are that we are going to be making a night splint in the near future, this will help prevent elbow tightness and hopefully help the small contracture that is already there. We will also be using the soft splint more for overhead reaching. Dr. Grossman also mentioned starting constraint therapy when Cam gets a little bit older. The constraint therapy is going to be an intense three week program down at MCH where her good arm will most likely be casted. I'm not sure of the exact details or when it will be a go but we are definitely going to do it since Camryn is a good candidate for it. I will do whatever I can to help get her arm better and functioning as much as possible. When I know more about that I will definitely update. We will see him again in 2 months to reevaluate how she is doing and see how she is doing when the botox wears off. He will decide if he needs to do it again :(



No comments:
Post a Comment