Thursday, June 20, 2013

To Go Back to Work?



The question of whether or not to go back to work is eating me alive! I’ve spent Camryn’s entire first year taking care of her and bonding with her. I’ve taken her to every doctor’s appointment, specialist and therapy session she’s ever had. How do I separate myself from her, for me? Is it me being selfish? When is it ok to be selfish and take a little piece of me back too? I’ve had an amazing job opportunity thrown at me with room to grow. It just almost seems too good to be true. I know me working would take a lot of stress off my husband and the finances. I can pay my student loans; car payment and I’d have health insurance and be off of cobra. Money has been a huge stressor this past year due to all the mounting medical expenses.  The thought of putting Camryn in daycare terrifies me. How will I get all of her therapy done in a day? Will they stretch her and keep her loose like I would at home? What are the precautions I have to take because of Camryn’s arm? These are all the questions that are running through my head as I’m typing this and trying to make my decision. I have anxiety just thinking about this all and don’t know if I’ll even be able to sleep tonight. How do you all handle putting your child in daycare? What are some suggestions to make it easier?  What did you tell the teachers at daycare about your child’s arm?

No comments:

Post a Comment