Thursday, June 20, 2013

What Does Camryn's Arm Feel Like?

I've always wandered throughout the year what Camryn's arm feels like to her. The therapists say it feels tingly to most children. But does she feel pain? I've read a lot about never using the Erb's arm for anything like blood work, blood pressure, etc. Should she be wearing a medical bracelet? Next month when we go back to the specialist I'm going to make sure to ask him all these questions. A parent once told me that when her daughter had strep that her Erb's arm always hurt. Has anyone else had their child experience this? 

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder what Jacob's arm feel like as well. He has days where he'll hold it or pinch it more often but since he's not talking yet (he's 17 months) he can't tell us how it feels. He's currently wearing a brace at most times now, it was fitted by his therapist and looks similar to a brace worn by those with carpel tunnel.

    ReplyDelete