Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Need Advice!
I don't know how many of you have experienced this but Camryn has started fighting therapy. Every time we go she starts crying during PT and OT. The therapists asked me to wait outside yesterday because she was so upset and kept trying to come get me to comfort her. It broke my heart listening to her cry from down the hallway. When I first started therapy I heard kids crying and I was so grateful Cam was so well behaved. But, she has become that kid. What are some tactics you use to make this better or easier? She's even started resisting while we are trying to stretch her out so we try and make a game of it or dance with her so she doesn't realize we are stretching her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How old is your daughter? Mine is 21 months and we dont fight anymore. We are doing a botox with a brace in July and hopefully that will help.
ReplyDeleteHas she is getting older she will try to fight therapy. It is important to stay strong and don't give up. Keep trying out new ways to stretch her and make her use arm that she might have fun. I find the stretches that involve the shoulder are the hardest so I usually have them do the more difficult stretches near the end so that you are more apt to get more out of her. Maybe start the session with something she loves to do and slowly ease into the other stretches. I know that I have constantly had to be creative when it comes to my daughter but the end you has progressed so greatly.
ReplyDelete