As it stands right now Cam's botox is scheduled for March19th. Hopefully, we won't have any issues with the insurance company. The first time she had the insurance company wouldn't cover it because they said it was experimental. It was a lot of money and we had to pay some of it up front. Cam has a different insurance agency now so hopefully that won't happen. We are still having issues with her current insurance company with paying the hospital bill from her last procedure. We know they are responsible for paying but the hospital keeps sending us reminder bills that the insurance hasn't paid their portion yet. It is all so frustrating. It baffles my mind that if my husband and I didn't work and try to provide for our family that we would never have to worry about this because it would be covered by medicaid or social security which we don't qualify for. Anyway, I think I'm getting pretty run down and coming down with something, hopefully Cam doesn't get it or hasn't given me something that she had. (hoping it's bad allergies)
Another thought I've just had. Has anyone been to CAMP UBPN? I want to go with Cam and my husband but we would have to fly out there and rent a car etc...It can be costly. In my mind it looks like a great experience to meet so many people who have gone through what we are going through etc. I'm all about advocating and networking. My only issue and hesitation is that I don't know if I can emotionally handle it. Just thinking about seeing other families struggling the way we have makes me upset and to see all the different prognosis scare me. (I know every child with a BPI is different) I just wanted to know other people's thoughts on going or if they have gone and if they think it's been worth it.



No comments:
Post a Comment