Monday, February 10, 2014

Dear Parents with Sick Kids

Dear Parents,

 Please stop sending your children to school sick. I know I've thought about it many of times as a parent, but don't. I'm a teacher and a parent and can see both sides of the stick but just don't. Cam went to school perfectly healthy last week, and one sick child who came to school Tuesday spread their entire virus to our entire family. Not only was Cam sick for days but I got sick and so did my husband. If they had just kept their sick child at home and taken a sick day I wouldn't have had to deal with my entire family being sick as well. I get it, you have to work and can't really miss the days. I'm right there with you, I have no sick days left. But, as a parent you make sacrifices and those to me are my sick days. (As a parent you don't get sick days.)  I know staying home with a sick child is no fun but think about all the other kids and families you are sickening when you send your child into school. I don't mean this to offend anyone or to make anyone angry it's just how I feel. I don't have anyone to watch Camryn on a sick day (it's just me) and if it lasts more than a couple of days maybe I can beg my husband to spare an afternoon or morning so I can go into work for a little. But, we don't send her to school sick. It's not medicate and go anyway. My husband and I were seriously out of commission the entire weekend and couldn't ask for help from any family because we were afraid of spreading what we had.

Please, if your child is sick please keep them home and make that sacrifice, for them, and the rest of the families that your children go to school with.

No comments:

Post a Comment