Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Venting
I've been thinking about this a lot the last couple of days and I think it's time I write about it. I really am annoyed with the whole early intervention steps system. When Camryn was born we were bombarded with phone calls from different organizations to help. Some we qualified for and some we didn't. Let's just say the last year really has been an eye opener for my husband and I. We've spent thousands of dollars out of pocket for procedures and treatment for Camryn's and we know that we are only a handful of people who pay out of pocket because we have private insurance and don't qualify for assistance. Fine, but the free program we do get early steps has made it really difficult for Camryn to even get the therapy she needs because I went back to work. It seems like the system wants you not to work in order for you to take your children to therapy etc. But in reality some of us even if we don't work still don't qualify for assistance because our spouses work. It made sense financially for me to go back to work this year but it seems harder for us to get therapy because the providers only working during the day and not after 5. I remember last year that someone told me to get divorced so I'd be considered a single parent so I could qualify for assistance. I just don't get our system.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment