Monday, September 9, 2013

Speech

We've decided along with Camryn's pediatrician that it might be time for some speech intervention. Camryn isn't really picking up vocabulary as quickly as we would have liked. She says a couple of words but they are on constant repeat. She says "YEAH" a ton. It's adorable but it's not soo adorable when it is the only thing she says. The problem we are having is first getting it started even though the proper people have all been contacted and I even have a prescription for it. There is a whole process for early steps. The only issue now being is when can we possibly schedule it. The speech therapist at Broward has no openings when I can come and is gone for the day when I bring Camryn for OT and PT. The only other options are for my husband to take her before work, (if he can even do that) have someone come to the house, or someone go to her school. Now the issue is, if early steps has someone available to do either one of those things. Now, I totally get why parents with special needs children find it so hard to work. With my schedule now I can't just drop everything and run to take Camryn to therapy whenever there is an opening. Now I know why some children are lacking in services and why parents just give up and do the best they can. It's because they have to.

Has anyone noticed that their Erb's baby also has speech delays?  Is there a correlation?


No comments:

Post a Comment