Monday, December 16, 2013

No More Sick Days

As I sit and write this I'm not sure what my evening will look like. Camryn is sick again. It started out with me actually starting to feel like I was getting sick to me feeling worse and Cam getting sick. I never got a chance to rest. She was up all night Saturday evening and last night. We took her to the urgent care and she has another ear infection. Today she was still running a fever and it wouldn't break so I brought her to the pediatrician. She has a double ear infection and pus in her throat. They had put her on a drug similar to Cipro but it made Camryn projectile vomit because it tasted so bad. I started her on amoxicillin that I had left over from last time she was sick so the doctor said to continue that. Today she was such a mess, she wouldn't eat, drink or take any meds. I wound up having to give her the Tylenol suppositories. She was just not a happy camper and wanted to sleep all day. She's sleeping now and I was able to get a third dose of the antibiotic in. I'm not taking the Cipro she wouldn't take ha. Anyhow, I had to call in sick obviously because my husband can't really miss work and who knows about tomorrow at this point. I think I may have only 2 days left and I know in January we are already using one of those to see Dr. Grossman.  Does anyone use anything to keep up immune systems that they recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment