I'm a 26 y/o with erbs palsy and I can recall my mother taking me to meet other children with erbs palsy and I can tell you that I faired much better by having a dedicated mother who exercised my arm daily. Most people can't tell I have it, occasionally ill get asked if my arm had been broken but that is rare. I've modeled, played sports, and led a life like any "normal" person. I promise your child will be okay, just focus on exercising that arm. Give yourself a break, and try not to view it as a disability. I've never seen myself that way, and no one else in my life has. Your baby will compensate and before you know it you won't even think about it.
I Agree, My Father Even Forgets I Have It Sometimes. I'm Also 26 With A Left Arm Injury. Your Daughter Will Adapt Her Own Style Of Doing Things, And She Will Ask For Help if She Needs It. I Just Recommend You Exercise That Arm, And Let Her Try Anything She Wants To. Never Tell Her She Can't, She May Prove You Wrong Someday! -mel
I'm a 26 y/o with erbs palsy and I can recall my mother taking me to meet other children with erbs palsy and I can tell you that I faired much better by having a dedicated mother who exercised my arm daily. Most people can't tell I have it, occasionally ill get asked if my arm had been broken but that is rare. I've modeled, played sports, and led a life like any "normal" person. I promise your child will be okay, just focus on exercising that arm. Give yourself a break, and try not to view it as a disability. I've never seen myself that way, and no one else in my life has. Your baby will compensate and before you know it you won't even think about it.
ReplyDeleteI Agree, My Father Even Forgets I Have It Sometimes. I'm Also 26 With A Left Arm Injury. Your Daughter Will Adapt Her Own Style Of Doing Things, And She Will Ask For Help if She Needs It. I Just Recommend You Exercise That Arm, And Let Her Try Anything She Wants To. Never Tell Her She Can't, She May Prove You Wrong Someday! -mel
ReplyDelete