Monday, September 30, 2013

Thinking

I've been thinking about things a lot lately and am curious what other parents experiences were when their children get older. Do their kids ask what is wrong with their arm? Do they get upset that they are different?How do you handle these things with your kids? One of my fears is not knowing how to handle these questions as Cam gets older. Were your kids ever bullied for being different or having Erb's Palsy? I want Camryn to start taking dance and gymnastics when she's 2 but I'm scared she'll get upset because she won't be able to do it the same as everyone else. How did you handle all these things?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carly,
    My names Imani. First I want to say I love your blog. I'm not a mom but a daughter with erbs palsy. It's really interesting to see a situation like mines through the eyes of my mom. I know my mom struggled with my condition because I think she blamed herself. Although I can't speak for you daughter I can speak for myself that she will be great! This disability made me stronger. There were tough days ( as there always is) but in the end I always felt on top. I personally never got bullied and I hope for the same with your daughter. I danced as a child and it was difficult not being able to do some of the movement but I pushed through and kept dancing. Now after spending 18 years with my disability it's a part of and you learn to overcome any obstacles it throws in front of you and I'm sure your daughter will handle it with grace !!!
    Best wishes
    Imani

    ReplyDelete