Friday, August 2, 2013

Life's Up's and Downs

Over the past couple weeks my husband and I found a great deal on a townhouse in a great neighborhood and put an offer on it. There was a bidding war which is pretty common down here and we got it! Great News right! Well, it turns out in the search for a mortgage that the townhouse doesn't qualify for the First Time Home Buyer's mortgage which is what we were counting on. It would have been a perfect place for us. Closer to both of our jobs, and of course closer to Cam's therapy.

Yesterday, after I had heard the good news about our offer being accepted I went on the search for a new daycare for Camryn. I was completely stressed out about it.  I didn't want to drive north to bring Camryn to daycare it would be completely out of the way for everyone. I found an awesome place that I totally felt great about. I pre-enrolled her on the spot. It's a Reggio Emilia inspired school. I really felt so positive about it. Camryn loved it too!

Well, after a long day of stress and finally figuring things out we found out about the mortgage and I was just completely heartbroken. We haven't given up hope yet, but this definitely puts a damper on our moving plans. So, everything is on hold right now. 

I still want to keep Camryn in the daycare I found yesterday because it's on the way to work and on the way home which means it's also on the way to therapy. That means on days I have to take Cam to therapy it will cut a half hour off my commute. Instead of spending an hour and half in the car it will only be an hour. I also really liked the school and felt good about it that it's worth it. It's not all the way by my work but close enough that if my husband has to pick Camryn up, he can.

I really hope everything works out for us with this townhouse, because it will make life a little bit easier for us with therapy and of course financially in the long run too. I really hope that after such a long year with Cam and the struggles that my husband and I have had over the past year that things can finally start to look up with us and work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment