I thought for sure that Camryn would be an early walker because she never really crawled and did her tripod thing. Boy was I wrong. She is just starting to walk on her own and she is so unsure of herself because of her balance issues. Once she gets her left shoulder forward it seems a little easier for her. It gets me so mad and frustrated at the same time. Not only is Camryn a big girl and almost too big for me to carry anymore, I feel like she's hit every big development milestone either late or at the end of when they say they should be doing it. I know it has to do with her Erb's Palsy but it just seems to never end. She's fine developmentally with eating, and playing and doing other things it's just the walking, sitting up, crawling, and big gross motor skill things that she is having trouble with. Is it always like this with Erb's babies? When did your little one start walking?



My sons doctors/ot said it was actually better to delay walking and encourage whatever kind of crawling they do so that they get that input into their shoulder longer. Please don't be disheartened. It will happen. -brittany l.
ReplyDelete