How do you find enough time in the day to get it all done? I feel like I never have enough time in the day. I always stretch Camryn out after changing her diaper but that's getting more and more difficult because she's on the move. I put a fanny pack on her so that she can do her Stem treatments and be on the move. But how do you get all the other stuff that the therapists want you to work on during the day done, while still enjoying your child and letting her explore? I want to do everything they say to do but maybe I'm just putting too much on my plate and I should do a little bit each day and alternate days. How do you all do it? I honestly feel like every time we go to therapy they add something else to our list of things to work on.



It is very challenging trying to find ways to stretch the arm. However, what I find helps is getting creative and finding fun ways to stretch & strengthen the arm. For example if your child is walking you can use a toy shopping cart put some weights in it and spread toys around than have her push it along with picking up toys. Or you can try using the elastic weight bands & tie it to the door and have her pull it. Check the recreational centers close to you and see if the have discount prices for swimming lessons for special needs( it can be any disability). I have my daughter go every week and she has fun and does not even know she is working. Ultimately you know your child weakness with her arm so trying to find creative to move it is key. I found that is what helped me greatly. It takes a lot of time and effort but since I have a busy schedule I will find multiple ways to make her move her arm depending what stage she is in. When she could not walk but was crawling - I would encourage to do it more since that helps the overall arms,shoulders etc. So try to be creative whether it is a minute or hour you are getting her to move that arm.
ReplyDelete