Wednesday, May 15, 2013

It's ok to have a bad day...



Sometimes I need to remind myself that it’s ok to have a bad day. Especially, in the beginning I would have more bad days than good. I would just feel so overwhelmed and helpless waiting for movement in Camryn’s arm.  It seemed as though every toy I bought had to do with Camryn’s therapy and all my time and effort with her was spent getting her to move her arm. It all paid off but it’s ok to feel overwhelmed and have a bad day once in a while. I still sometimes feel that way trying to get everything in for the day. I just came to realize that I can’t do everything every day and I do what I can. At some points I’ve felt that every time we went to therapy they added something else for me to work on at home. There was no possible way with an infant that I could work on everything, but I did the best I could. The most important thing for me was trying not to let Camryn notice when I was having one of those days. I would put a brave face on and smile and pretend with her. But when I got any time alone I would just let myself unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment